Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A More Natural Pet

For me, knowing what is going into my animals is very important because now days you just do not know anymore. So I took it upon myself to start making their treats myself. 



I started with searching for recipes to try out and I settled with a no bake to begin with. I purchased the three small ingredients and then just had to follow the recipe that was amazingly easy even for a baking and cooking illiterate person like myself. 

Ingredients you need:

  • ½ cup of plain yogurt, you could also add a banana flavored yogurt
  • 1 cup of peanut butter
  • 3 cups of rolled oats

Instructions:

1.       Whisk the yogurt and peanut butter until it forms a paste.

2.       Add the oats a little at a time to fully coat and avoid any dry spots. 

3.       Scoop out bite sized pieces and roll into balls.

4.       Place on a flat tray lined with parchment paper.

5.       Place in the fridge to let chill for an hour and they are ready to serve.

Additional information!

  • This mixture makes around 25-50 treats depending on how large you are rolling the treats.
  • They can last up to 7-10 days stored in the fridge.
  • These tasty puppy treats also double as a tasty granola like treat for yourself and your family as well.



As I continue to expand my knowledge of pet nutrition and what is put into our animals treats and food I am also making more and more things for them myself (I also have been for my family). 

No comments:

Post a Comment