Friday, May 2, 2014

Inspiration at its finest

A song that hit me very deep recently is a song called "Giants Fall" from a very inspiring artist by the name of Francesca Battistelli. I have followed this singer from a very early chapter in her career and with each single and each record she puts out her faith shines through and is a true inspiration for all. This particular song hit very near and dear to my heart in the opening verse. "Everyone's telling you to let go of what you're holding to" is exactly what I faced growing up in school. The lack of support from peers and those who kids and young adults should be encouraged by is astonishing to me. I was raised I can do anything I put my mind to and when someone said I couldn't it made me push that much harder to achieve it. From being Chapter President and Team Captain in my FFA Chapter to publishing my first book, even in raising rabbits, Every time someone says I CAN'T I find a way to DO. This song makes me feel stronger and more determined and I hope at least one other person can feel that way by hearing it. I would just like to say a big thank you to Francesca for putting words to a feeling and for the inspiration she has given me throughout the years I have been a loyal listener. 

"Everyone's telling you
To let go of what you're holding to
It's too late, too far
You're too small, it's too hard
Throwing water on that spark
Living deep inside your heart
With oceans of reasons
The things you're not seeing
But oh, maybe they don't
Know what you know
That you're not alone

Don't you be afraid
Of giants in your way
With God you know that anything's possible
So step into the fight
He's right there by your side
The stones inside your hand might be too small
But watch the giants fall"




No comments:

Post a Comment